Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Part One: St. Patty's day weekend.

Hopefully everyone had a great Saint Patty’s day and drank lots of Irish car bombs and green beer! I had a full weekend, filled with fun, and my own weakness when it comes to S. but overall it was a great weekend.
Well the patheticness (is that a word, hehe) starts on Friday when I was let out of work early due to a snow storm (I thought it was supposed to be spring soon, DAMN HEDGEHOG). It took an hour and a half to get home (which is usually a half an hour drive) but before I did I stopped to get some magazines, books and face mask…since I suspected to be home alone with no one around.
I have been having a hard time with the “being alone” aspect of this breakup. Now before you jump on me about not having to have a man, its not the alone without a man, just the overall nobody is around. Being raised in a large family (Parents still married, 4 daughters, 5 cats, and 1 dog) you were never alone (PRIVACY was non-existent) then I moved into a college dorm and continued all four years. After undergraduate I moved into a house with my sister and have only lived alone once and spent more time at S. house and friends then I did in that apartment. I just don’t do well with no one around. I have to begin to get used to this since it is looking more and more like my roommates will be moving up and in with there men in the next year.
So I get home finally and begin to try to occupy my time. I did two workout tapes (pretty irritated that I couldn’t make it to the gym) laundry, cleaned, played on computer, watched a movie, made some dinner and watched some TV. By the sixth hour of this and not being able to come up with anything else to do I checked my Myspace (I mean the devil) and S. had invited me over and then called me to see if I would come. Damn him and his fireplace, amazing smile and homemade dinner. He brought out the big guns by putting Barry (one of my really great guy friends) to sucker me over. So I am pathetic I know, it even took me 2 hours to leave my apartment after the invite but like a lame ass I succumbed to the invite due to my inability to handle having no one around. How is it when we know we shouldn’t we still go through with things like this? I had prepped myself for that night yet I caved like a fat kid at fat camp trying to say no to a Butterfinger! There is more to this story about the whole weekend but I need to get back to work….

No comments: