Thursday, March 22, 2007

Growing up and frogs who have sex changes....

Honestly I am so surprised and impressed with working parents who have real responsibilities as opposed to me a 25 year old woman who works full time and feels like I have no time for anything.
My daily routine is to wake up around 6am, get ready with my morning breakfast consisting of a cigarette and coffee (for some reason do not get hungry until 11am) then on to my 35 minute commute. This is reflection time for me (this is good and bad especially with personal drama) until I make it to my lovely large cubical. I work at a biomedical company as an engineer. Surprisingly I am not an engineer but graduated with a genetics masters. This chemical background and attention for detail has proven highly effective as an engineer. See previous blog about how I feel about my job.
I love my two direct bosses but cannot stand the two coworkers I have. One is a pretentious cheap (you couldn’t squeeze any money or liquid from the man if you tried) guy who has a chip on his shoulder and feels that everyone owes him something. His sidekick which is what he is isn’t quite so bad but I have no respect for someone who is a grown man and follows someone else around like a puppy. They both feel like they should be the company CEO within a year of being here and just think everyone else is holding them back. They act like thirteen year old girls who talk about everyone (I am included) and email back and forth on a daily basis about me. They are so funny because they think I don’t know but more so I just don’t care.
So I am polite and keep to myself but honestly it has been a rude awakening for me working with mostly men. I have always had a respect and jealousy of how men interact. Less drama and directness I knew from the male species seems to be devoid from engineers. I guess I should remember being in college and how the engineers were and interacted with each other. I was with one for 4 years and although he was a sweetheart he was a bit childish and had this “I am god because I can create things from nothing”. Do not get me wrong not all engineers are this way (always exceptions to the rule) but at least where I work there is a lot of finger pointing, whining, back stabbing, etc. Maybe if you put too much of the same sex in a single area it causes a chain of events, like when frogs in certain terrains will change sexes if there is not enough diversity, hehee! Yeah that’s how I will think of the men I work with…..tropical frogs whom have changed there genitals but not there appearance!
Back to my life…so after work I go to the gym get my ass all skanky and then return home (used to come home or visit my man, but not now) and make dinner, clean, do laundry, errands, etc. Then a little TV and pass out to do it over again. I know my life is not even that hectic so I guess I stand here amazed and a little scared of having more responsibilities than just me.
It is weird how our generation and the ones below me have almost prolonged our childhood. Most parents I know by my age had two children and a house. I have a semi man afraid to commit, and a cheap apartment in the ghetto, crappy car and no want for children right now (I still feel like a kid some days). I guess no one is truly ever ready to grow up but we all have too. Now if I could just beat that into S. head until his eyes fall out my day would start to look better, hehehe!

No comments: