Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Meat Market?

Well after a great weekend with S. I realized I needed to go out so that I do not let myself get sucked back in to his amazing ways (which never work out the way he says). So my girlfriend Nicole wanted to go to this singles event called the Meat Market. We went last year and I was a great wing woman so she wanted to go again and I hadn’t seen her in ages. So I was good and went to the gym and then got ready (I am looking good from losing weight, personal life tragedies are the best diet ever, hehe) to go out to Hartford.
So I get there way earlier than Nicole (she does not know Hartford well and always gets lost) and decided to go in. Well once I get in I ask this bartender if he had a coat check and he started chatting it up and apparently remembered me. OK the guy seems nice but not really my type…..he took my coat and placed it behind the bar and then gave me my first drink for free. Actually at the same time some disgusting tanned up older man whore was trying to buy me a drink but luckily the bartender (who might not be my type, but seems like a sweetheart) took care of me.
So the idea behind this singles event was basically these guys have numbers and in a book say who they are, age, occupation, etc. So you can look them up once you see the number. Although this event was fun its kind of depressing to see 8 women around one man. I guess it is amazing for the man and it definitely turns the table, so part of me is really excited for these men who usually have to have the balls to approach women and possibly get rejected. Lucky for me I am in the bitter, sad broken up stage so I really could give two shits if anyone talks to me or doesn’t. I had men approach me but I spent most of my time being a wing woman for Nicole approaching men for her and starting the conversation, etc. We started to get ancy and decided to leave so I went to get my jacket and the bartender asked to take me to dinner. I was stuck, and thought….Why not he seems nice; S. is probably doing the same thing so why not. I realize he is not someone I would most likely end up with but he was nice. I gave him my number but I don’t know about actually going? First I am not really attracted to him, and he seems too nice to be a rebound guy. He would be a guy to date when I am not still in love with S.
My friend Sharon said that after her long term man left her for the army and a younger girl that the best thing for her was a rebound named Erin. He was good-looking, smart, great in bed and treated her nice BUT he was cocky, didn’t have a job, and still lived at home (he was 27). She said she knew she would never stay with him but he helped her ego even though she really didn’t like him. This bartender seems too nice to use like that. I have heard that nice guys don’t win which I agree to a certain degree but I have always dated the nice guys. My first love Mike, and Chris were the nicest guys…they didn’t work out due to situations out of our control. So I am not capable of being mean to a nice guy, so I have to find a guy that I won’t feel bad about treating like a rebound. Although I should probably just stay alone and not use anyone? Hmmmm what to do?

No comments: