Friday, August 31, 2007

A little background on the family

OK, I am going to explain a bit about me and my family. I overall can say i have a normal upbringing and feel very blessed with my family. After 30 years my parents are still married and mostly happy. I also have three sisters. YUP I said three so my poor father was stuck with 5 women at the house and at one point we all had our monthly friend. Sometimes I am in shock he isn't in a mental ward bouncing against some walls. So onto the explainations of my family...

My father: Irish catholic man who came form a family of 11 kids so having 4 was absolutely no big thing. He is extremely kind, patient, laid back and smart. All of these things make him amazing but at the same time after he came back from Vietnam (at least this is what my mother says) he was not the same. He is not an alcoholic but for such a brilliant man he isn't really doing anything with his life. He is a janitor. I am not bashing this and would never put down my father but he has a bachelor degree and is an amazing artist. So explain to me how he is just a janitor? It appears that my father does not do anything over the top unless he believes he can do it 100 % which lets face it is not most things. Hence he does nothing. Basically my father is not a father who takes care of the family monetarily but emotionally. He is so amazing with children and my grandmother sometimes it even amazes me. So overall I cannot compalin about my father except for that time that he forgot me at the baseball field on the bad side of town for 4 hours (Imagine a 13 year old girl trying to steer cleer of crackheads in her powder blue catholic school softball uniform, hehe)

Mother: Ahhh my mother...she is definately the leader of our family. A scrapper, intelligent, organized, hard working, over stressed, dramatic, crazy women. She is one strong cookie and definately (except for my little sister) raised us to be the same. She put herself through school, grew up in the sixties, went to woodstock, burned her bra and has owned her own successful advertising agency and raised 4 daughters. Pretty damn impressive. She is my hero and best friend and as I get older we are closer and closer. I love her but over the last ten years I have realized that as stressed as she is she feeds off of it. She loves it no matter what she says. She in turn can be very negative, complaining alot and that is fine for me but to be so cynical sometimes is almost unhealthy. She has a tendency to baby the youngest as well so they have this horrible hate love realitonship which I then get the call from Momma dukes (after a couple glasses of wine) and have to hear about their ridiculous squabble.

Oldest sister Mrs. DINK: Mrs Dink is an amazing sister who has pretty much had the perfect life. Everything has always fallen into place for her. Beautiful, smart, been with the same man for ten years, married, husband is really well off, etc. etc. etc. Now even though her husband and her are total YUPPIE's and DINKS (double income no children) she is also the most caring person ever. To make myself feel bad all I have to do is call her. She helps elderly people, mentors mentally handicapped children, teaches a CCD class, etc. Did I mention she works for a Non-profit company? She is amazing but sometimes I am remind that I did nothing this last week to help the world except not try to puke after too many drinks at the bar.

Second sister Ms. Insecurity: My second sister is also a sweet gentle thing. She has always been kind of insecure considering she had a learning disability growing up so she felt different from my sister and I. She constantly compared herself to us and being so skinny like a bean pole as a kid and not sticking up forherself made her an easy target. I can tell you I got into numerous fist fights as a kid sticking up for my older sister. She has gown so much and definately come into her own but I sometimes worry that her trusing niave ways still makes her an easy target. Now that she is in her late 20's she is starting to feel like her clock is ticking. See here lays the major difference between Ms. I and me she wants nothing more than to get married, have babies and be someone's trophy wife. Do not get me wrong I want a family but Ms. I will basically ask you if you want to impregnate her on the second date.

Me: Ms. Know it all partier. So I have to write about myself don't I. Well lets see i am outgoing, pretty, fun, tall (5'10'') and know how to have fun. I have gone the furthest in school (Science masters and working on my MBA, but definately love to have a good time. I am agressive, but caring and would do anyhting for my family and a good friend. But I also have this annoying habit where i think I know everything and will debate just to debate (always playing the devils advocate). I also was the big partier as a teenager (raves, clubs, house parties, etc) and still am. I am more calm but still party more than my siblings including my younger sister. So I know that I have flaws as well but luckily the people about me love me anyways.

Youngest sister: Only child: Now Only child is called that because although biologically she isn't an only child in reality she is. She is 6 years younger than I am she is the baby. Hence overall she is rotten spoiled brat. She has everything done by my mother and does not appear to appreciate any of it. Besides being rotten, she is gorgeous, smart and extrememly talented singer. She goes to college for Opera right now and can blow your mind with her voice. Sometimes when she sings I forget how she knows how to bend my parents to her will. She is also very strong and bitchy and I say that in a good way. I do not believe Only child will be swindled by anyone and if she could just get off my mom's tit she will be even stronger.

So that is my family and while I talk about bad stuff overall we are all very close and have been lucky to live in such a loving intact family where i basically have 5 best friends for the rest of my life.



No comments: