Monday, August 13, 2007

Lobsters and Fat!

It never ceases to amaze me how my weekends can be equivalent to a rollercoaster ride. Alcohol is sometimes so great but other times it is just the perfect elixir for disaster. Friday we somehow started to drink and by the end of the night I was crying to S. He actually dealt with it very well and took care of me. Saturday I cleaned, worked out and watched a movie before everyone came over to drink. I stayed relatively (you cannot expect me to say no to wine) sober and passed out until we woke up to go to a big state beach in R.I.
It was gorgeous out and very crowded. Not to sound awful but I can totally see how America is becoming an obese nation. It is one thing to be an adult and large but when I saw children between the ages of 3-10 and they were obese! I wanted to fucking smack the parents but when I would see the parents they were knowing on some friend chicken or giving some candy to their beastly children. I understand that weight is hard to keep in check but dooming your poor children before they even hit puberty. Let’s not forget how awful childhood is for most kids without adding 50-100 extra lbs. I think that is why deep down inside I have always fallen in love with thin tall guys. I want to make my children’s chance of having one less thing to worry about higher than if I get with someone with a crappy metabolism. (I know this all sounds horribly shitty but come on lets face it, everyone has body issues so adding to it makes it worse). I am not perfect but I work out 4-6 times a week and try to eat mostly healthy (not yesterday but sometimes you need to indulge).
After the beach we went to this restaurant that was a high end all you can eat buffet. For 70 dollars you can have as much lobster, prime rib, crap legs, sides, desserts as you can handle. Well S. definitely made this place loose money considering he downed 4 lobsters, 2 steaks and everything else under the sun. So overall the weekend was good and bad but I guess that is what makes life so interesting!

No comments: