Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shower is a vessel for enlightenment.

So apparently I am able to reach heights of new enlightenment while I am in the disgusting shower (I have tried and tried to scrub this tub but years of men living there have made it impossible) washing my body. Earlier in the night S and I were just relaxing in the heat watching Top Chef (I love that show) and somehow we started discussing MYSPACE. I had mentioned how I do not understand why men and women try to email people who are in relationships (with sexual intention) and he chuckled in a surprised, I can’t believe you laugh. I cocked my head and replied “What, what was that laugh for?” After a little prodding he replied “You have no idea how easy it is for women? You have all the choices in the world, approached all the time, etc.” First off I wanted to reply “YEAH you better remember that!” which would have been inappropriate and not called for but instead I replied “Hmm never thought about it?” This comment got my brain flowing with thoughts and ideas (doesn’t happen much but watch out when it does) and I went to take a shower. As I was washing myself with antibacterial soup and generic salon grade shampoo and conditioner I started thinking. Men have a much difficult time getting attention, ass, or even a relationship with women (unless you are a superstar or something) while women get approached and seem to have a plethora of options (if you are anywhere close to attractive and are a bit outgoing). YET….women only want one man to be her mate and love while men want tons of women (at least in their fantasies) to fuck. So I guess it goes that you always want what you can’t have. Men will never change the need for diversity (don’t take this the wrong way not every man is a cheater but every man thinks about other women) and women will always dream of that one soul mate bullshit. Why do humans always think the grass is greener on the other side? Can’t we just be happy with what is in front of us?
On another note I applied for a different job that would fit my personality a little more and is about 15 thousand dollars more a year (but that isn’t the real reason I want it….YEAH RIGHT!) Hopefully the slow HR will call me sometime before I turn 50.

No comments: