Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I thought I was a slacker...

I will be honest I do not work very hard at work! There I said it, out loud for everyone to hear. BUT...this is not my fault. (well somewhat but hear me out) I work at a corporate company and the job I have makes me work with different departments one different projects. So in a nut shell anytime I work on something I get to a certain point then it is stalled because someone else on the "team" needs to do something. This of course takes forever because everyone has different "priorities" (I love how corporate jargon tries to make people sound intelligent) and sometimes I work with idiots who take forever.
When I first started working I was a young buck (well almost two years younger) and I thought oh I will work hard, be dilligent, make my way up! Hmmm, learned real quick that at this job moving too fast pisses people off. So my resolution is to be faster than most but not too fast to tick anyone else off. Seems to be working just fine and hey working with this mentality I only work about and hour a day! Isn't corporate life grand :-)

No comments: