Monday, June 18, 2007

Mondays start the work week right?

So I know I haven’t given you too much background on what I do for a living since I was so wrapped up in the S bullshit but basically I sold my soul to the devil for paid vacations, insurance and a steady paycheck. I think when I finished graduate school I was going to have a plethora of jobs waiting for me…..well sure as shit I did not. I must have put out a million resumes and although I did have about 6-7 interviews I never got it. I would make it to the top 5 or top two but never the actual job. I finally got talking to a friend and his sisters worked at the company I am at now. I got an interview and got the job. Which should be great right? BUT the job I got is not at all what I went to school for, granted its in the same field, kind of…but not at all what I want to do.
At this point I had to take it because the week before I almost stabbed a customer while I was bartending (NOTE: Bartenders do not enjoy drunken people because we are not drunk). I almost had a breakdown because all I kept thinking was “WHAT the fuck I did not go through 6 years of school for this bullshit!” Luckily S was really great and gave me the pep talks that calmed me but basically I took a job I was not really trained for.
It is so funny to work in a corporate company since I finally realize that most people are not working very hard. Granted there are the ‘go getters” but when you compare how much other work or lack of work they are doing the go getters are not doing much. I am one of those non-workers. I got sucked into the relaxed state of the corporate world (I know I know you think that doesn’t exist) but think of Office space. It appears that since there are so many people that are doing the bare minimum it is enough to keep the company afloat.
Mondays for example I come in for the morning business meeting and then get my coffee. Chit chat with other workers about there weekend, then I am off to email people (you would think coworkers, ohhhh but that is not the case) and waste more time. Then around 10 I got for my cigarette break and then maybe I will do something. I can honestly say I maybe do about 2 hours of work a day (unless it is a crazy pressing project). So although I am not excited about my job or even the work I do how can I walk away from such a tit job right now. I think I need to get some motivation that I used to have…..or is the corporate doomed to suck that out of me too?

No comments: