Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Whooo it has been crazy at work ever since my coworker became free of this horrible corporate prison. Hmmm jealous a bit (hey I am trying to go on interviews and I have a few networking things coming up.)? Well the weekend was a big one and sometimes I do not know how life becomes so crazy for me. I think I am a magnet for drama from men and women all around me, whether you are a friend, family member or some fucking stranger on the street.

Friday night was quite calm I just visited a friend for a while and then crashed out early. On Saturday I went to an amazing dinner date with S. which was to die for. Granted I wish we had made reservations so we didn’t have to wait but the Hen I had was amazing, and you wouldn’t believe me if I told you. I ate spinach, which I fucking hate; I had it prepared almost like it was pan seared. It made to the texture different which is what I always hated about the limp wet spinach my mother forced me to eat as a kid.

After dinner we met up with S. boss who is a nice guy but the typical I am 50, want to look 30 so I can score chicks kind of guy. He works out all the time (not bad) but his attitude is kind of pathetic. YOU are not 30 anymore; it is ok to embrace getting older. Some of the hottest guys out there are better looking older…Brad Pitt, Robert Redford to name a few. Besides that he was fun and we had a few martini’s before we met up with Truck driver at his apt (which was actually S. and I old apartment too.) so S. could play darts and I could hand out with TD new girlfriend (she is so great and I am so happy for TD). Well more and more of my friends come over including MAC girl, Best friend couple, and others. We were all hanging around having a good time when all of a sudden (well not all of a sudden but like 10:30pm) the guys wanted to go to downtown. Ewww I really didn’t want to go. For some reason no one would go unless I went….makes no sense since in the past I have never stopped anyone from going out. After badgering me I was like sure just for a bit.

As we get into the bar (mind you everyone is drunk) we order drinks and make it up the stairs. No sooner do we get up there S. best friend (who is married to my best friend) wanted to dance, since his wife did not come out, S. decided to help him out by being a wing man. So I see S. trying to talk to this woman, who looks at S. and looks at best friend and is not having it. She gave the shoo away and S. is a bit drunk so he can be persistent. I couldn’t help myself and was like S. leave the woman alone she doesn’t want to dance with best friend. Well S. for some reason got all annoyed at the girl and me and went for a drink with best friend. On a side note, I can’t help but tell S. to stop because I hate when I go to bar and some guy nice or not does not get the hint and leave me alone. So even though S. had good intentions for best friend (which best friend didn’t care about the girl he just wanted to dance) I still think persistent guys can be annoying.

At the same time MAC girl came back from the bathroom and through the crowded club I can see she is pissed and annoyed. Some guy and girl were bothering her. The club skank thought Mac girl was rubbing up against her man, and the guy wasn’t helping the situation. After words were exchanged MAC girl just wanted out. OK, fine she wants to leave right after we got there. (Fuck I am thinking in my head…why are people still acting like they are in high school and why is MAC girl falling for it.). I told our other friends that I would bring her back and be back within twenty minutes. Well low and behold I go out and find that we are blocked in! So after trying to drive around (actually hit a car, but didn’t care since it was the fucker blocking about 15 cars in) and getting my car stuck the tow truck arrive like 45 mins. later. A huge fight ensues (not me but the ghetto fabulous of the town) and somehow I get sprite splashed in my face even though I didn’t say a fucking word! I was about to fucking slap someone when the cops showed up and broke it up. I was so fucking pissed the whole ordeal took over two hours. Needless to say I was not happy. I wasn’t pissed at my girlfriend directly but in my head I was thinking, I wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to go. I would never say that and of course logically and sober I know it wasn’t her who blocked us in or the stupid attendant who ruined the night for us. Finally make it home and pass out around 4pm.

I realized that next morning that downtown is not for me. I prefer house gatherings or pubs. I will only go to the clubs unless I have too (birthdays, etc).

Next morning I get breakfast and went shopping with MAC girl. Can I tell you how much I love Trader Joe’s? I do not know if you have one but it basically is a great organic grocery store; imagine Whole foods on a smaller level. After that we went to Best Buy and I bought a jacket. Adorable red long pea coat for the winter…makes my long legs look even longer.

That day S. was going over to a coworker’s house for a football game while I was out with MAC girl. Around 7pm I invite cheap friend and some others over to watch “Tell me you love me” (Best HBO series EVER) and drink some wine. No sooner do my friends call I get a call from S. best friend. He is not doing so well. Well? What is he drunk? Errr no he hurt his back…and when I say hurt his back S was gray, couldn’t move and actually cried! I have seen S. with a broken nose, and arm and he never cried. The poor thing was completely falling apart. I felt so bad. He has been home the last three day’s basically on his back and on pain killers. Only good thing is he was able to make it to the bathroom last night.

So basically I am trying to get a shit load of work done now while fighting with insurance company about S. coverage for an MRI. This is such bullshit, fucking insurance companies suck. I love how you do not even talk to a human until about 20 minutes go by and then they are fucking retards! Grrrr ok sorry I need to go out have a cigarette and cuss at some people (JK.)

P.S. back injuries suck since you cannot have sex!

1 comment:

Valley Girl said...

P.S.--Can you be on your side perhaps? Sitting up? Just trying to help. LOL!