Thursday, December 6, 2007

A delicious dinner with an appetizer of job disappointment

OK, OK I am a loser….NO second interview. BOOOOOO! Dammit I really wanted that job and I thought the interview went well. Only thing that sucked was that their was only one position and like 20 applicants. Should have fucked both interviewers, maybe then I would have gotten it, hehe.

Sometimes I get so frustrated with job hunting because it is a never ending vicious cycle. You have to have experience but how do you get experience when no one hires you if you are new to the field. I had this problem out of grad school….you don’t have enough experience..Uhhh yeah I had to get that masters you wanted but apparently I was supposed to be working full time as well. I am not too depressed just more bummed. I learned right out of graduate school how to not get myself stressed over lost jobs, just keep truckin. (What the hell did I just say truckin…must be influences from going to school in PA)

Only saving grace last night was S. he made the most amazing dinner last night since we had another couple over last night. Very adult party with appetizers, wine and discussion. I think I can get used to this…so I thought I would show you how amazing S is at his current profession (sous chef).

He made a stacked, layered side which had sweet potatoes, butternut squash, sautéed peaches with a layer of gorgonzola cheese on top. (So fucking good I almost had an orgasm at the table. He prepared rack of lamb with a fig chutney sauce on the side which he cooked perfectly. S is so great at presentation and I love receiving it. I am not a horrible cook but S. definitely kicks my ass in the kitchen and he always makes my coworkers green with envy when I bring leftovers to work.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See the layered side, you have no idea how fucking delicious it was!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I think my new favorite meat is lamb (luckily he gets it for free or cheap because apparently the rack he bought would have cost us 90 DOLLARS, crazy why would any meat cost that much, who know but I love it.

Back to the job search and pretending to enjoy my job.

3 comments:

Kim & Dic said...

awwww lady sorry about the intrview...there are lots more jobs out there though! ...wow that din looked good actually making me hungry!

Dana said...

My belly is growling....

Quarterlifegirl said...

For all S. faults his cooking definately covers them up temporarily, hehehe. JK.

NYchick: thanks for the vote of confidence!

Life is wonderful: well if you do not have any food get a really big beer, hehehe! Beer is food right?