Thursday, August 13, 2009

Punching friends in face..

I have been very lucky to have amazing friends over the years. I have a group of girlfriends that I have been friends with over 8-15 years (Hey what can I say I am very good at calling people, hehehe)! They are all amazing and different, very different...which is funny because we usually get along so great.

Let me list them quickly with a little background so you can understand future stories (good and bad) that may arise.

1.: Hairstrylista: One of my best friends of all time, sweet, fun, loving, and always been there for me. She was the maid of honor in my wedding and I hers. I laugh because she is sooo GUCCI, and I am Marshalls clearance but the things that she lacks (self esteem, and speaking about her feelings) I force her and the things I lack (control, and poise) she gives back to me. She can be a bitch to her husband, well for most men in her life. Luckily her husband is super laid back (also my huybbys best friend) and he is a lifer (aka off the boat irish catholic) and loves hairstylista to death.

2. Negative Nelly: The name says alot. This girl has been friends with me since highschool. She is beautiful, sooo smart (she is my science buddy), and very out going but as the name points out.....Negative! She can be sooo fun and amazing but honestly she is never happy with current situation EVER. It's either her school husband, house, dog, etc. She is so great in other fasions but sometimes I want to shake her like a case of baby shaken syndrome and force her to look at how her life is pretty fucking great.

3. The giver: This friend of me is such a wonderful giving person who has the most infectious laugh and smile. She is amazing in the fact that she put herself through community college, college, and onto a pretty ivy league graduate program. ALL ON HER OWN! She is a great role model and sooo much fun. Problem is she is a social worker and what do they day about doctors being patients? Well Social workers are the same. She can help others but has been in and out of a relationship with a loser, drug addict who has cheated, stole and going nowhere for about 4-5 years. She can't seem to say goodbye. She thinks she can save him or even worse does not think she deserves better. Can't save one who doesn't want to be saved but I keep trying to get her busy so the calls will be less and less to the douchbag.

4. The Party animal: This is the best friend who no matter where you are or what you are doing if you want a fun time she is up for it. You cannot not have a good time with this friend. This is great but as we get older the recovery gets harder and harder plus this friend is an only child and a bit drmamatic aka biligerant drunk. It's a fifty fifty chance wether she will start a fight with someone, or you by the end of the night.

5. Italian Princess: She was my saviour when Husband and I broke up (before he came cralwing back, hehehe!) ABOUT 2 YEARS ago. We were both broken hearted and clung to each other since it seemed like we were the only two who were single and miserable. She is a sweetheart and gorgeous but at the same time her priorities are a bit fucked. She will by a new 2000 dollar tattoe instead of saving to move out of her parents house. Did I mention she is 28?

6.: Coworker: Drop dead gorgeous but another only child who has never had much bad happen in her life. This is not a bad thing but it means any little thing is a huge dramatic panic attack. She gets every guy after her but still complains about not being skinny, etc. She is a blast at every party and very smart. Overall a great person but parents definately fucked up her self esteem.

Those are my girls good and bad, so I guess I should put my listing up to..

7.: Me: LOUD, know it all who will give anything to my friends and family at the drop of a hat. A control freak who is the most open out of the group but expects too much sometimes from people. Little too much of a partier but went the furthest in school who comes from a large family.

Will continue story later....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How funny that I seem to know all your friends! The giver, my best friend who works with pregnant teens but is on-again with her high school boyfriend who is a lying cheating woman killer...and others. I think we all thought we would have it figured out. I'm 25, recent graduate and living at home again for the first time in about 3 years (nothing more depressing....). Where do we get the inspiration to really fix our lives and make them into what they are supposed to be? Why do we get so stuck?
http://jaynegreen.blogspot.com/