Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Need some control

I don't know what it was but today at the Business Unit Meeting this morning I almost jumped across a bunch of engineers to punch a "planning" asshole boss in his face.

Nahh not really but I got so fucking heated that I left the meeting. Sometimes just sometimes I want to rip apart certain people who work in my company.

Long story short Planning was upset that a product was not on time. Now if we were making pens, or a toy truck I can understand the demand to rush things through....but we make SUTURES and biomedical equipment.

So I ask?

Do you want me to rush the batch of absorbable sutures that will be inserted into your overweight wife when she gets her stomach tied up?

Good sir, would you like to forgoe the quality of a staple that will go into your bratty only child's heart?

Hmmmmm would you like me to just pass a crappy bowel ring so your bile from your stomach falls into your intestines? Actually this douchebag would deserve it.

He wasn't even directing it toward me, but the snarky attitude he had made me want to scream "GO FUCK YOURSELF you retard!" but instead like a good little corporate droid who does not want to burn bridges (only 3 more days to go) I left the meeting pretending having to go to the bathroom. Plus I think I saved myself from being arrested.

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Planners are sometimes idiots. They should PLAN in a longer lead time if that's the case.