Thursday, March 6, 2008

My major flaw

It is time to share my flaws with my fellow bloggers. I do have them even though my life is so perfect (HAHA, hope you got the sarcasm in that) but I am plagued with pitfalls like everyone else. I believe my biggest flaw is also my biggest savior. Let me explain…

My biggest flaw has two parts

A. I talk a lot
B. I am open about everything

When I say I talk a lot, I do…I can’t help myself, I feel all of these thoughts racing through my head a million miles a minute and I can’t help letting them all spill out like word vomit. I can’t write as well or as fast as I can speak. This does not always make for a bad situation because even though I talk a lot I talk with humor and hopefully (not all the time) intelligence. With me around there is no awkward moment on a date, at a party, etc. I just keep the conversation going with open ended questions. I am sure for my fiancé, family and friends who have been around me for years and have to interact with me more than a couple hours this can be annoying.

I have had to learn that in the morning S. just can’t function with thoughts for about an hour. He can grunt, scratch, and eat but thought process and speaking skills seem to be devoid. At first when you are all infatuated and in love I would worry “Oh my god is it me?” “Is he getting tired of me already?” Of course over the years this has dissipated and I have to control myself to not jam pack my poor fiancé’s head with jibber jabber (did I just say that, hehe) until a little later.

As for the second part of the flaw I have definitely been open to people maybe I shouldn’t have. I figure that by being open with everything I never get in trouble, give the wrong impression and people know who and what I stand for, but you and I both know some people have really rigid, conservative ways and unfortunately I am the person who will make them feel the most uncomfortable. I just can’t comprehend not speaking your mind, or being closed off. I feel less anxiety, stress, problems, etc not only with my fiancé, family, but life. I have a crazy open communication with the people I love because I force them to be that way since I am. I do wish sometimes I wasn’t so open because I have definitely felt like an ass. Example of the following “foot way down in the back of throat” syndrome

Photobucket

Background of scene: Went over to a friend’ house (In college) and waiting in dining area with mother. I have not seen my friend or his family in a while.

After a typical how are you doing conversation she asks where I am working?

Me: “Oh, I work at the Mall in the salad, smoothie bar which is a great thing because it reminds me why I am in school.”

Mother: “Do a lot of people from our town work there?”

Me: “Oh yeah I work with a bunch of loser skanky girls from our town, who got knocked up an ruined their life before the age of 20, again another constant reminder of why I have to do something with my life and not disappoint my parents.”

Right at that moment my friend’s sister who is 19 comes around the corner knocked up and looking pretty skanky.

Photobucket

I must have looked so dumbfounded and embarrassed because all I can do was stutter over myself.

Me: “Oh well, you must be, uhhh different than those girls…you aren’t skanky in the least bit, uhhh got to go, great seeing you.”

My friend could not stop making fun of me the whole night and I have never gone over that house again.

5 comments:

Sipwine said...

You and I are a lot alike.

Quarterlifegirl said...

Sipwine: I told you, hehehe! I think you are just a few years younger and that is about it and between you and me I think we are fabulous!

Shopgirl said...

LoL - oops!!! haha

Kim & Dic said...

ahhh opps sometimes you can help it and sometimes a bit of the truth is refreashing!

sophie n said...

dude...

that picture with the guy freaks me out...

where did you find that???

yeah me and you are similiar too...

i talk way too damn much...i tend to talk fast too...