Friday, April 11, 2008

Dispicable

OK, I deserve a lashing or rather a flogging...like one of those crazy monks who whipped themselves senseless while the black plague was taking over Europe. I have been so horrible at keeping up my blog. I swear it is not you...it's me and that is not a breakup line either. Between the new job, my girlfriends wedding, and my wedding life is so fucking crazy. So onto something interesting in my life.

Can I tell you how much I love my job...seriously I know this sounds crazy but the hype is true about Pharmaceuitcal reps. Most of them are gorgeous especially the women. I have met some of my territories counter parts and can I just tell you DAMN! This should make me feel insecure but rather it makes me feel pretty. I was picked to be in this elite club of people with no souls who hock drugs, make money and never pay for a car or gas. I know I know this sounds so horrible but after years of college, and grad school being poor it is wonderful to know I am going to be ok. (AKA I secretly feel like a souless beast in comparison to my friends who work for non-profits and help the world but I can't help wanting to work hard and see results).

Ok now that I completely sounded like an asshole in the first paragraph let me explain why I do what I do. See I have this inner relization that I am not a very classy or tactful person. I swear to much, drink to much, etc. So I overcompensate for this by doing things like going to grad school, getting jobs with prestige and or money to make it look like I am a respectable person in society...whne deep down in side I love to watch shows like Maury. "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER" and drink wine out of a box. Hmmm years of being poor have ingrained this into me.

It's funny and weird though because even though I want money, confortable life, etc I still never spend alot of money on myself. I am not a handbag girl..and believe it or not I own one. Yup you heard it right ONE BAG. Actually the bag I have no is a hand me down Coach bag from like 3 seasons ago (I would never know that, but whatever) and this occured because my one back strap completely fell apart. I have never had a nice, new car until now because again I cannot see spending that much money on something that will depreciate.

I would rather spend money on going out, a condo, memories...or lots of wine rather than material things. I am the queen of Marshalls and have never purchased GUCCI, Dolce and Gabbana, or any other designer who I think a 80 tank top is too much. Yet, most of my friends do. They all have tons of clothes, nice cars, bags, shoes, etc. While I am finding a two for one deal at the sale rack.

The other day S. made the most poingant observation. I had just come in from cleaning the inside of my car and I was talking to one of my best friends on the phone and she mentioned how she had washed the car but only the outside. We were laughing and saying we need to switch off so our cars would be fully cleaned. As I hung up S. stated "No suprirse there"
I repleid "What?"
S. returned with " You washed the inside and all of your friends wash their outside. See it just shows you that you care about what is inside and comfortable for you, while your girlfriends all care about the outside and what other people think"

I was stunned and realized it was true that most of my friends are slumming it with me since I never cared about stuff like that. Yet it makes me wonder why I gravitate to people who do. Is it because I want to be like that or try to change them....Well whatever it is it seems to be working.

Well off to scratch my ass, drink boxed wine, and watch Maury.

6 comments:

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Wow...this post is so like me, I could have posted it! I love shoes but never pay full price. I buy my clothes on the clearance rack at Macy's or at Nordstrom's Rack. I also am a Target girl. I own one hand bag as well which is a knock off coach bag that I bought on the streets of Seattle for $20. But I still look good!

Kim & Dic said...

i have heard so much about this type of job too and its always awesome stuff!! damn i need to consider it..

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I think the best line was about washing the car on the inside and not on the outside

That's so me....

Kim & Dic said...

mmm boxed wine...good to see you back bloggin!!!

sophie n said...

hey you!

so glad you are writing...want to hear more!

i think maury povich is the best kept secret on tv...

soph

OC said...

I'm with you, too. I would much rather spend my money on travel, going out, concerts, food, drink... than shoes or purses. I own one wristlet - not even a real purse, and my friends make fun of me constantly. I don't care. I don't need it.

And last weekend? I just cleaned, vaccuumed, etc. the entire inside of my car. Just the inside. :-)